-
December 17th, 2002, 06:33 PM
#181
Inactive Member
Mana Eggs are items which allows you to use magic spells, each egg can be "customised" for an specific element, that grants you that type of spells and combined with other eggs of other elements, can give you aditional types of spells. (Grandia I system)
For example: There are four kind of mana eggs
Wind= Wind spells
Fire= Fire spells
Earth= Land spells and protection spells
Water= Healing spells
Combining them...
Wind egg+water egg=Ice spells
Wind egg+Fire egg=Lightning spells
Fire egg+Earth egg=Explosion spells
Earth egg+Water egg=Poison/confusion/etc spells..
(Not very clear, i think..., Xell can explain this better than me...)
Or it may have an array of specific spells (Grandia II system)
But using either of both systems, you consume your magic points when doing spells.
this is what Mana eggs are, more or less.
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ December 17, 2002 02:39 PM: Message edited by: melfice ]</font>
-
December 17th, 2002, 08:07 PM
#182
Inactive Member
Canti's new stats:
HP: 250 (is this okay?)
MP: 230
SP: 40
STR: 2
DEX: 3
DEF: 5
SPD: 6
MO: 4
MR: 5
-
December 17th, 2002, 11:36 PM
#183
Inactive Member
We'd use G2 system for mana eggs
Whoa OCB! Way too much HP, Cav's the tank of party, and he only has 200 HP! MP's a bit high too, oghtwanna lowe to 180 or 150 or so
-
December 18th, 2002, 12:07 AM
#184
Inactive Member
Yea OCB those both are a little too high, I was thinking about Xel's example of 230 total, so what do you say we make is stardard sorta like that for HP, SP, and MP?
-
December 18th, 2002, 12:20 AM
#185
Inactive Member
-
December 18th, 2002, 02:21 AM
#186
Inactive Member
The GM is in after a awful day at school....
and I'm definitely going to lower everyone's at least a little bit, as the standard strength of most enemies wont ever get you down to zero with over a hundred health, and you'll never use up 150 MP at the start of the game.... these are your stats that you start with. :-P
So I'm gonna lower everyone's to a certain extent to where everyones is equal. But not in exact points, I have a sort of system worked out that I did at school... not gonna really talk about it here, but it should get everyone's stats even. I'm going to calculate them now (no big math involved, really). And then post them in a sec.
-
December 18th, 2002, 02:30 AM
#187
Inactive Member
rly OCB tone that hp down a notch [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
December 18th, 2002, 02:41 AM
#188
Inactive Member
one last change: you add your MO to your spell damage... makes more sense, so it does more.
OK: here are you stats. They have changes A LOT.. the biggest change obviously was to OCB's. Now, I reduced Cav's HP from 200 to 100, but he still has the highest health, and shini is second to him with 80. However since Cav is the pure tanker fighter dude, he's gonna gain HP a lot faster than the other members. So note to cav, dont get pissed, but with 200 HP you will never-ever-ever-ever-ever die. I did this mathematically to keep things straight.
Xel:
20 HP
95 MP
50 SP
Shini:
80 HP
15 MP
40 SP
Nevan:
70 HP
40 MP
30 SP
Cav:
100 HP
1 MP
30 SP
(if you have 0 MP you will never get MP, so I just gave you one for free)
OCB:
70 HP
50 MP
20 SP
that's about it... any arguments or changes, feel free to post.. [img]wink.gif[/img]
Another thing, post a weapon specialization. I reccomend one of you to specialize in exotic weapons as they (IMO) are the most fun weapons, as I get to make them up, and are very cool. :-)
some specializations:
short bladed
long bladed
polearms
throwing
bows/xbows
exotic
spellcasters may specialize in a school of magic (aka element).
An example of an exotic item would be:
Spiked Death:
A giant 30 foot pole with a huge spiked ball at then end. The user plants one side of the pole into the ground and then swings the pole around.
-
December 18th, 2002, 02:49 AM
#189
Inactive Member
ok mine is Long Bladed Two-hander swords
-
December 18th, 2002, 02:53 AM
#190
Inactive Member
alright, just say long bladed is fine...
we still need a name.. [img]confused.gif[/img]
(btw exotic weapons can be small too like claws, or medium like a bastard sword)
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks